1

Topic: First Name Domain Showcase

I’m sure some of us have some nice first names that you own.

I don’t have many but I own:


Tonia.ca
Trey.ca
Walt.ca
Malcolm.ca
Pedro.ca
Virgil.ca
Kaden.ca
Cecil.ca
Brooke.ca

What do you own?

The Fab 5:


Do.ca, Of.ca, No.ca, He.ca, Be.ca

Liked by: jaydub

2

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

Used to have more but only a couple left now
Sandie
Juanita

I have my name Jim in .cc

Real character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching.;)
Be sure brain is engaged before putting keyboard in gear.
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a battle of wits with unarmed opponents :)
Immortality is achieved by living a life worth remembering.

3

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

I recently bid on Julie.ca which is my wife's name.

4 (edited by: rlm Nov 28, 2020 07:12 am)

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

MapleDots wrote:

I recently bid on Julie.ca which is my wife's name.

I know of at least 2 of us here that have their wife’s first name. But does anyone have their own first name?  Actually, I just remembered someone here that does, because I told him it was free to register!

Btw, I have maybe a hundred of them myself, some fairly popular.  I have sold only two obscure ones at $1500 each.  I’m not sure why I keep collecting them, I guess I keep dreaming that one day Realtors are going to suddenly recognize that they should be branding themselves with a short and unforgettable first name domain that will make them the talk of the town...

I did get a $500 offer on Colin today, told him to pound sand, but in a much more polite manner of course.

5

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

I have stepan.ca

6

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

rlm wrote:

I know of at least 2 of us here that have their wife’s first name. But does anyone have their own first name?  Actually, I just remembered someone here that does, because I told him it was free to register!

So when I was doing my first name list last night, I thought I had them all covered.... Then I saw this! :lol:

Eldred.ca was in the TBR a few months back which I wasn’t aware of. A day or 2 after the drop, I received a message from RLM letting me know that my name just dropped and was free to register. With Rob not being a cyber squatter and being a good guy, he didn’t register it so I do have my first name. :)

Thanks again @rlm!

The Fab 5:


Do.ca, Of.ca, No.ca, He.ca, Be.ca

Liked by: jaydub, FM

7 (edited by: DomainRecap Nov 28, 2020 11:12 am)

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

I have quite a few, but in honor of our esteemed board emperor, I used the $1.99 BF deals to register two old TBR leftovers that are ironically French/Euro variants of Frank:

Franche.ca
Franck.ca

P.S. Not really "in honor", I just made the connection this morning...  :D

8 (edited by: DomainRecap Nov 28, 2020 11:10 am)

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

MapleDots wrote:

I recently bid on Julie.ca which is my wife's name.

I believe I have Julies.ca, and even got a few offers on it (for use in the possessive Julie's).

9 (edited by: Spex Nov 28, 2020 07:28 pm)

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

I own Omar.ca

Have received zero offers  *DONT_KNOW*

Liked by: jaydub

10

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

Spex wrote:

I own Omar.ca

Have received zero offers  *DONT_KNOW*

I’m surprised that you haven’t received any interest in Omar. It’s a fairly common first name and a nice 4 letter to boot.

The Fab 5:


Do.ca, Of.ca, No.ca, He.ca, Be.ca

11

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

Spex wrote:

I own Omar.ca

Have received zero offers  *DONT_KNOW*

I know the feeling.

Maybe its like when you're drinking beer, you can go hours without peeing, but once you break the seal, you then have to pee every 20 minutes.  You just need someone to break the ice and get your first offer.  Then they'll all magically start coming in.

So I'll get you started and offer $100. :D

12

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

I know eh. Finally priced it so I'll see if that makes any difference

13

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

rlm wrote:

I know the feeling.

Maybe its like when you're drinking beer, you can go hours without peeing, but once you break the seal, you then have to pee every 20 minutes.  You just need someone to break the ice and get your first offer.  Then they'll all magically start coming in.

So I'll get you started and offer $100. :D

Lol, nice. That's officially the most anyone has ever offered me for the name, but i'll have to politely decline.

Here's hoping for that steady stream you mentioned

Liked by: jaydub, aactive

14

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

I only own one. brad.ca. The shock of shocks, it even gets some traffic.

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

15

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

I've sold Amin.ca a couple times on GD, but no one ever pays.

The last time I got an offer, I countered at $10,000,000.

16

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

ones I can think of right now:

marge
elon
tina

(formerly hugegrowth in my past domainer life)

Liked by: jaydub

17

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

Spex wrote:

Lol, nice. That's officially the most anyone has ever offered me for the name, but i'll have to politely decline.

Here's hoping for that steady stream you mentioned

But I really want it for my personal email!  You're outrageous!  Ok, final offer, $125.  You'll never get a better offer than that!

(that's pretty close to many past inquiries I've had on various name based domains, lol)

Here's to you having a steady stream now.  Cheers.

18

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

aactive wrote:

I only own one. brad.ca. The shock of shocks, it even gets some traffic.

So it was you!  I'm sure I was bidding and then got distracted (SQUIRREL!) and missed the end of the auction...

I own Bradley...

Liked by: aactive

19

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

domains wrote:

ones I can think of right now:
marge
elon
tina

Well there's one of the wife's names I was referring to.  Johanna is the other one (mine).

20

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

DomainRecap wrote:

I've sold Amin.ca a couple times on GD, but no one ever pays.

The last time I got an offer, I countered at $10,000,000.

I was the one who dropped Amin....  If you got offers, that's more than I ever got!

21

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

rlm wrote:

So it was you!  I'm sure I was bidding and then got distracted (SQUIRREL!) and missed the end of the auction...

I own Bradley...

Maybe we could trade for a candy-related .ca. :)

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

22

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

aactive wrote:

Maybe we could trade for a candy-related .ca. :)

1. I hate when someone else knows more about my portfolio than I do... now you've got me thinking haha.
2. Dude, if you knew I had something you could use, you should've just asked!
3. Yes, of course, if you can use it in your candy biz, sure.
4. Now what the heck domains are you talking about??

23

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

rlm wrote:

1. I hate when someone else knows more about my portfolio than I do... now you've got me thinking haha.
2. Dude, if you knew I had something you could use, you should've just asked!
3. Yes, of course, if you can use it in your candy biz, sure.
4. Now what the heck domains are you talking about??

LOL. Too funny. Just from knowing you for so long, I KNOW you have good names in every category. The only name I know you own in the candy/chocolate category is gummies.ca. I think that one dropped before I started back dabbling in .ca's or I at least would have taken a shot at it. :). That said, I know you will have more gems...

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

24 (edited by: rlm Nov 29, 2020 04:37 am)

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

aactive wrote:

LOL. Too funny. Just from knowing you for so long, I KNOW you have good names in every category. The only name I know you own in the candy/chocolate category is gummies.ca. I think that one dropped before I started back dabbling in .ca's or I at least would have taken a shot at it. :). That said, I know you will have more gems...

Well consider it yours, you'll make better use of it than me.

Auth code sent.

Liked by: Nafti, jaydub

25

Re: First Name Domain Showcase

You want to hear something completely bizarre? My daughter just walked in saying she saw something on tiktok or whatever about how to make Fireball Gummies - and that she just ordered the gummy molds on Amazon...  Not even kidding.  She's never talked about making gummies ever in her life before either.