Re: First Name Domain Showcase

I love owning first names. I have quite a few....other than my own name I think my favourite is Alexa. The amount of traffic it gets is unheard of.

Wow what a name, I would be tossing up a site there for sure.

I am trying to find out who owns julie.ca, that is my wife's name and she asked me to inquire for use as her blog.

Anyone have any idea who owns it?

rlm wrote:

I was the one who dropped Amin....  If you got offers, that's more than I ever got!

I've had lots of interest on it from multiple buyers, but like I said, one deadbeat keeps "buying" it on GD and then not paying.

Maybe he's working the long con to drive the price down?

MapleDots wrote:

Wow what a name, I would be tossing up a site there for sure.

I am trying to find out who owns julie.ca, that is my wife's name and she asked me to inquire for use as her blog.

Anyone have any idea who owns it?

Pretty sure it was AD at one point. Not sure if that’s still the case.

Liked by: MapleDots

rlm wrote:

I was the one who dropped Amin....  If you got offers, that's more than I ever got!

Wow, you dropped that one?

You have to have a serious portfolio or a big set of stones to drop a domain like that.

MapleDots wrote:

You have to have a serious portfolio or a big set of stones to drop a domain like that.

A lot from Column A, and some from Column B.

rlm wrote:

Well consider it yours, you'll make better use of it than me.

Auth code sent.

Wow, that is totally unexpected and awesome Rob. It will turn into something good. :)  You are the best.

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

rlm wrote:

You want to hear something completely bizarre? My daughter just walked in saying she saw something on tiktok or whatever about how to make Fireball Gummies - and that she just ordered the gummy molds on Amazon...  Not even kidding.  She's never talked about making gummies ever in her life before either.

I smell a collaboration with rlm and aactive, between the two of you there is nobody more qualified to take that to its full potential.

rlm wrote:

You want to hear something completely bizarre? My daughter just walked in saying she saw something on tiktok or whatever about how to make Fireball Gummies - and that she just ordered the gummy molds on Amazon...  Not even kidding.  She's never talked about making gummies ever in her life before either.

Now that is funny.  I hope it wasn't these ones. https://weedmaps.com/brands/fireball-cannabis-gummies :)

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

MapleDots wrote:

Wow, you dropped that one?

eh, one of many. I think I was just trimming some fat in a rush, and got lazy and didn't really research it first, so didn't realize it was as popular of a name as it is. Probably shouldn't have dropped it. then again, I still find names a tough sell.

aactive wrote:

Now that is funny.  I hope it wasn't these ones. https://weedmaps.com/brands/fireball-cannabis-gummies :)

thankfully, no. just a craft/fad to help with the boredom. she made jello shots this summer for a pool party.  I still have half a dozen in the fridge. they're not exactly party animals.

Liked by: aactive

MapleDots wrote:

I smell a collaboration with rlm and aactive, between the two of you there is nobody more qualified to take that to its full potential.

haha, I'll just say we go way back.  If he's going to use it, i'd rather he just have it.

38 (edited by: rlm Nov 29, 2020 02:42 pm)

aactive wrote:

Wow, that is totally unexpected and awesome Rob. It will turn into something good. :)  You are the best.

I probably have others you'd be interested in too.

And none of you get ideas, I'm not really that nice.  :lol:  ]:->

rlm wrote:

We'll have to have a chat soon, long overdue. I'm 3 hours ahead of you, so will have to be a little earlier than we used to.

aactive wrote:

We'll have to have a chat soon, long overdue. I'm 3 hours ahead of you, so will have to be a little earlier than we used to.

Well if you'd quit moving and changing your number I'd be able to call you! Are you in the witness protection program or what?

Liked by: FM, jaydub

rlm wrote:

Well if you'd quit moving and changing your number I'd be able to call you! Are you in the witness protection program or what?

LOL. I know it's been a bit of a "tour de Canada" this past 6 -7 years. It looks like Ontario is our home province for good now. Not sure if Kitchener is, but southern Ontario is.

I'm not sure i'd be spending a lot on a first name domain. just find something that rhymes and add it in front or back of the domain and you have a cheap alternate for a blog or personal site.

*KISSED*

LovelyLynda wrote:

I'm not sure i'd be spending a lot on a first name domain. just find something that rhymes and add it in front or back of the domain and you have a cheap alternate for a blog or personal site.

I would never price it such that a blogger or personal site could justify the expense...  I would assume only a business of some sort would buy it for a brand name, or alternately maybe a realtor or consultant of some sort.  A realtor should be the easiest sell - if they weren't so cheap and short-sighted!

Liked by: aactive

LovelyLynda wrote:

I think many of the short first name domains would make great brands. In terms of a personal site or a blog, agree, probably not worth the cost.

I only got my son's first name, kaeden.ca. Interesting to see that another spelling (kaden.ca) was included early on in this thread.

Domains Product Manager @WHC
(514) 504-2113 x7209

Liked by: aactive, rlm

FM wrote:

I only got my son's first name, kaeden.ca. Interesting to see that another spelling (kaden.ca) was included early on in this thread.

I like names starting in K, I was going to name my son Cameron but in Latin that means crooked nose so I switched the c to a ka and now it has no meaning. My son grumbles though because no matter what souvenir shop we go to he can never find one with his name on it.

So Jane.ca sold early in the new year for 25k and it is still parked at godaddy  :o

MapleDots wrote:

So Jane.ca sold early in the new year for 25k and it is still parked at godaddy  :o

I think that it’s very obvious now that it will be a cannabis website. The new owners were so happy with the purchase that they have been using their own product everyday and forgot about the domain! :lol:

The Fab 5:

Do.ca, Of.ca, No.ca, He.ca, Be.ca

Liked by: Esdiel, FM, domains, jaydub

DomainRecap wrote:

I've sold Amin.ca a couple times on GD, but no one ever pays.

The last time I got an offer, I countered at $10,000,000.

No wonder no one pays

DomainTrader.com

rlm wrote:

[crap] I was just about to ask for the EPP code for Kelowna.com

And I was gonna use it too

DomainTrader.com