1 (edited by: MapleDots Apr 29, 2021 11:40 am)

Topic: Your latest .ca Hand Registration and Why?

https://i.postimg.cc/QxDNPrrR/legal.png

iLegal.ca - I registered it a few weeks back

also

MBike.ca - stands for Motorized Bicycle or Motor Bike, take your pick.

What was your latest hand registered domain?

Re: Your latest .ca Hand Registration and Why?

jeuxgratuits .ca

just registered today, 'free games' in french.

(formerly hugegrowth in my past domainer life)

Liked by: FM

also took hotweb and canweed after this week's TBR.

domains wrote:

also took hotweb and canweed after this week's TBR.

Hand registrations only in this topic please  *BYE*

MapleDots wrote:

Hand registrations only in this topic please

Technically they were hand reg as he's saying they were bought post-tbr.

Liked by: MapleDots

Cardero.ca

Latest hand-reg: liquorice.ca

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

rlm wrote:

Technically they were hand reg as he's saying they were bought post-tbr.

that’s right, hand regged after tbr

Liked by: MapleDots

Registered a couple today:

AirLab.ca
Scarce.ca

Profile at BrandSail.com

SmartCode.ca and SureTest.ca...picked them up when the Black Friday deals were going around

Liked by: JoeN, MapleDots

Does the fact that domain names like scarce and liquorice are available to hand register tell you anything at all about dot ca

DomainTrader.com

I don't think anybody expects .ca domains to be registered or used to the same extent as .com in the world, so there is always going to be more words and terms available to register.

my latest hand .ca hand reg  -  veganzone

GameCredit / GameCoins / FunnelBuilder

15 (edited by: rlm Jan 26, 2021 02:38 pm)

DomainTrader wrote:

Does the fact that domain names like scarce and liquorice are available to hand register tell you anything at all about dot ca

What it tells me is that they're just poor words for business use.  Most tld's - if registered - aren't developed, there's not a single .ca in use using the word scarce or liquorice in it (as far as I know).

In google adwords, if you had a big fat wallet and wanted to buy ads on the term "scarce", even on a "broad match" basis, you'd be able to buy precisely Zero clicks per month.

With Liquorice (which isn't the preferred north american spelling) you could buy 2.5 clicks per month.

So if you're looking for blame, look to the left of the dot, not the right :-)

Liked by: Esdiel, JoeN

rlm wrote:

What it tells me is that they're just poor words for business use.  Most tld's - if registered - aren't developed, there's not a single .ca in use using the word scarce or liquorice in it (as far as I know).

In google adwords, if you had a big fat wallet and wanted to buy ads on the term "scarce", even on a "broad match" basis, you'd be able to buy precisely Zero clicks per month.

With Liquorice (which isn't the preferred north american spelling) you could buy 2.5 clicks per month.

So if you're looking for blame, look to the left of the dot, not the right :-)

Yeah exactly.  It certainly makes sense that they were available to register. 

I like "scarce" as a potential brand, but I'm under no illusions that it's anything more than a hail Mary pass.

Profile at BrandSail.com

17 (edited by: DomainRecap Jan 26, 2021 02:47 pm)

A few days ago, I was finally going to register GoldHouse.ca from my leftover list, but someone beat me to it.

DomainTrader wrote:

Glass half-empty...I agree. It means that out of the millions of .CA's registered right now, everyone passed on those names so it's not a good sign

Glass half-full...It's cheap to take a shot. Spend ~$10 to get exclusive selling rights to a decent name for a year :)

Liked by: JoeN, MapleDots

19 (edited by: aactive Jan 26, 2021 03:09 pm)

Spex wrote:

Glass half-empty...I agree. It means that out of the millions of .CA's registered right now, everyone passed on those names so it's not a good sign

Glass half-full...It's cheap to take a shot. Spend ~$10 to get exclusive selling rights to a decent name for a year :)

We are launching Licorice.ca next month and saw that liquorice.ca was available so we registered it...might as well have both. Not a popular name in Canada, but for $10 a year, we'll take it. Back to your regular programming.

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

aactive wrote:

We are launching Licorice.ca next month and saw that liquorice.ca was available so we registered it...might as well have both. Not a popular name in Canada, but for $10 a year, we'll take it. Back to your regular programming.

That's true and missed that part in my "glass half-full" paragraph. If you're an end-user or can benefit by owning an alternative spelling or a plural then yeah it's a no-brainer to go for it

Liked by: aactive

21 (edited by: Esdiel Jan 26, 2021 07:05 pm)

DomainRecap wrote:

A few days ago, I was finally going to register GoldHouse.ca from my leftover list, but someone beat me to it.

Oops... ...

22 (edited by: MapleDots Apr 29, 2021 11:42 am)

So I hand registered 3 domains today and I will explain my reasoning...

MoonRoof.ca
With the new technology solar panels coming out they are able to work in overcast conditions and technically by moonlight. So I figure with the coming boom for solar roof panels moonroof might just be a great brand name.

SilverStyle.ca
A fashion or clothing line aimed at the 50+ crowd. With our aging demographic I figured that SilverStyle made sense and it has a phenomenal sound to it.

GoDiet.ca
It's no secret that I big 15k for diet.ca but the more I think about it the more I think the diet has got to have a name. With everyone getting busier and our lifestyle being more on the go I figure its time for a diet meal drink on the go is just about right.

So what have you hand registered and why?

lifestylecandy.ca - another niche in the candy space.

Holy crappers batman...

I just typed in GoDiet.com

Hehe, I might just have stumbled on something

Latest hand registrations.

foldabletelevision.ca
foldabletv.ca
foldtv.ca
rollabletv.ca
foldtelevision.ca

Future potential. New technology that may become more mainstream in the years ahead.