Re: IMPORTANT FORUM FEEDBACK REQUIRED

aactive wrote:

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me.

27 (edited by: theinvestor Feb. 14/21 10:25 pm)

aactive wrote:

I’m not sure if there is interest here, but I wonder if adding a “development” section here for .ca development. I think it might attract a wider audience but still keep the focus on .ca.

There are so many facets to successful development including, but not limited to; domain name, e-commerce platform, hosting, content, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, social media, design, conversion optimization, site features, SEO, web developers (freelance/company), add-ons and much more.

Thoughts?

This is a no brainer. You can’t have a domaining forum without having a place to talk about web development. Not to mention there are many out there that own domains and don’t consider themselves domainers as they develop websites.

I guess this would be similar to having a hobby of collecting classic cars but not actually driving them. I’m sure there’s a way better example...  :lol:

Liked by: aactive

"Talk Domains" is to talk about domain names, services, development etc., right now there is not enough traffic to justify adding separate forums.

I can add web development into the description and then when it grows we can look at separating it a bit.
I would like to avoid having too many forums like some of the other boards where there are endless forums and subforums. The mods spend eternities moving posts and the members cannot find them because there are too many forums.

We can look at which forums to combine and which ones to change but adding more forums at this point does not make a lot of sense given the traffic.

So if you have any suggestions as to which ones to combine or which descriptions to change please chime in.

That sounds like a good compromise and if it becomes a busy topic it could certainly be considered becoming it’s own sub forum

MapleDots wrote:

I can add web development into the description and then when it grows we can look at separating it a bit.

Real character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching.;)
Be sure brain is engaged before putting keyboard in gear.
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a battle of wits with unarmed opponents :)
Immortality is achieved by living a life worth remembering.

We can change this as things grow.

https://i.postimg.cc/V6fbBQz7/Picture0027.png