Topic: Realty.ca $500K +

I was just in a clubhouse room where Lance from realty.com said they purchased Realty.ca for over $500K recently.

I think that was a good deal for Realty.com.

Re: Realty.ca $500K +

well that's interesting.  would like to see those details published somewhere!

It was listed for sale under Oxley.com .... interesting... Brent isn't Canadian is he??  HostGator did open a Canadian office in 2006 though.

Liked by: Esdiel

rlm wrote:

It was listed for sale under Oxley.com .... interesting... Brent isn't Canadian is he??  HostGator did open a Canadian office in 2006 though.

Must be him, according to archive.org.

He also owned Realty.com, which only further convinces me that he must be the one to have sold it.

What a waste, it goes to the US site.

It should be going to a Canadian site to give realtor.ca some competition.

MapleDots wrote:

Speaking of Realtor.ca, I just saw this while looking into things:

https://i.postimg.cc/85cyh15T/Screen-Shot-2021-03-16-at-2-54-54-PM.png

MapleDots wrote:

He said he would be launching the Canadian site soon.

Esdiel wrote:

Speaking of Realtor.ca, I just saw this while looking into things:

HeHe.... maybe we can pick up mls.ca on the cheap  ;D

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdm … p;lang=eng

Let’s hope this is not another big sale that goes unpublished.

The Fab 5:

Do.ca, Of.ca, No.ca, He.ca, Be.ca

dancarls wrote:

Realty.com

Where did you get to see this?

Eby wrote:

Where did you get to see this?

I was in a clubhouse room with the owner.

dancarls wrote:

I was in a clubhouse room with the owner.

Thanks Dan.. that's amazing..

Does anyone know if that was US or CAD $$?  500k US is about 625k CAD now.

Someone tell Ron at DNJournal - lol.  Would like to see that sale reported as the headline next week.

.CA Sells for $500,000!!

(formerly hugegrowth in my past domainer life)

domains wrote:

.CA Sells for $500,000!!

That would indeed look great for the .ca extension. Even $500K CDN would be quite a headline.

The Fab 5:

Do.ca, Of.ca, No.ca, He.ca, Be.ca

I am aware that the owner of realty.com purchased the corresponding dot ca and that they are launching a business in canada focused on selling leads and funneling to realtors in geo specific locations on a franchise like basis

If you are a realtor in toronto you can secure the area and use the leads they capture

What i find interesting in the whole model is that the guy on clubhouse who is repping realty com/ca is hanging out in a room where all kinds of absolutely horrible domain names are being auctioned for 25-50-75-100 and he is buying many of them! I am not sure what to make of a guy who parks his pinto next to his lambo but if I figure it out I will let you know

DomainTrader.com

DomainTrader wrote:

I am not sure what to make of a guy who parks his pinto next to his lambo but if I figure it out I will let you know

o_O  :[   But we all have done it.. At least I am guilty of it big time!!!

Found this gem in the TBR list this week and should alert Lance to go for it, before others do. LOL

socialmediamarketingforrealestateagents.ca

Liked by: jaydub

Eby wrote:

Found this gem in the TBR list this week and should alert Lance to go for it, before others do. LOL

Backordered

I love me some long tails

DomainTrader.com

DomainTrader wrote:

Backordered

You beat me to it eh?

Eby wrote:

Some real estate agent probably but they will not buy john.ca or similar first names  o_O

Sad but true

MapleDots wrote:

Some real estate agent probably but they will not buy john.ca or similar first names  o_O

I was thinking of approaching Brad Lamb, who is sort of the King Of Condo's in Toronto for brad dot ca

https://www.bradjlambrealty.com/

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

aactive wrote:

I was thinking of approaching Brad Lamb, who is sort of the King Of Condo's in Toronto for brad dot ca

https://www.bradjlambrealty.com/

Go for it, I have a good friend who sold jay.ca to a real estate guy
https://dn.ca/post/1780/#p1780

If he wants to share @David is the member

If I were a realtor, I would absolutely pay 5-figs for my first or last name without even blinking. That's a branding goldmine.  Its debatable which is better, first name or last name.  I like last names from the perspective that its a little more business-like, plus it makes more sense if your spouse/kids/siblings get involved, and of course email addresses are a lot more intuitive firstname@lastname.ca, etc...  As a stand-alone realtor and thinking more about the "now" rather than the future, then yes, I really like first names too.  It also may depend on which name is better.  If your last name is Przbyszewski or Hitler or something not exactly brandable, then I'd go first name for sure.  It is just stunning to me that more Realtors don't recognize that they are the brand and having that simple & unforgettable domain name is worth every penny.

Liked by: Eby, aactive, jaydub