1 (edited by: MapleDots Yesterday 08:23 am)

Topic: Buy & Sell Rules

https://i.postimg.cc/gkMyzq88/Know-the-Rules-320x242.png

Rules will be updated as the topic evolves so please check back periodically.

1. All domains on dn.ca must be priced in CAD - pricing in USD is prohibited.

2. As of January 1st, 2021 all domains in Buy & Sell must state a selling price or a starting price for make an offer.

For "Make an Offer" you can set your price like this:
Will consider offers above $10,000 (this way members know what to expect).

3. Leave your domains in the Showcase Domains forum if you are simply waiting for an offer.

4. Anyone posting sold should be prepared to make the purchase, however the discussion is between the buyer and seller and DN.ca will not enforce nor mediate a sales agreement. This is a free market economy, if a member posts sold the domain owner has the right to ask for the payment to conclude in a specific time frame. The owner of the domain has no obligation to hold the domain if funds have not been submitted in a timely fashion.

5. Members are free to offer less than asking price if they feel the selling price is too high. The discussions are open in sales topics but one should not criticize the domain. Instead of criticizing the price you may show similar domains selling prices to discuss the possibility of getting a discount. In the Buy & Sell forum the owner of the topic has the right to ask ANY member to remove their comment if they feel it will impede their ability to sell the domain. If the member ignores the domain owners removal request a moderator will be assigned to remove the comment.

6. Bumping a sales topic is allowed once per day but cannot simply contain a word like bump. Instead tell us something about the domain that justifies the bump. Something like the domain is registered in all other extensions or the domain has sold in .com for xxxx etc.

You may notice that most of the rules are directed at the Marketplace. This is on purpose because we are all adults and we intend for members to moderate themselves. We feel strongly that our little corner of the internet be friendly and open to all without draconian warnings and punishments imposed by similar sites. Emails and Private messages are truly private and moderators will never read or interfere with private conversations. Such is how it should be in a free and open marketplace. The rules will be updated periodically to assure a sales environment that is beneficial for both buyer and seller.

Edit: The sales topics are editable for 60 minutes and after that become permanent.

This account is used by staff members for announcements, coding, and administration purposes.

Re: Buy & Sell Rules

Can we specify “Offers via Private Message only...not in thread” ?

Real character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching.;)
Be sure brain is engaged before putting keyboard in gear.
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a battle of wits with unarmed opponents :)
Immortality is achieved by living a life worth remembering.

3 (edited by: jaydub Nov 20, 2020 10:20 am)

Never mind...see it in another thread.

This line made me wonder..
“ We currently do not offer auction but make an offer works similar because another member can simply make a higher offer.”

jaydub wrote:

Yes absolutely you can

jaydub wrote:

This line made me wonder..
“ We currently do not offer auction but make an offer works similar because another member can simply make a higher offer.”

Yes, I am currently discussing this with my iT guy but I'm not sure if I want to put in an official auction system with warnings to members and hand slaps and you did not follow through etc etc etc.

I would really like to keep the forum much more friendly so make an offer can work similar.

Post it for sale just like an auction as make an offer and allow people to start bidding.

I am really not sure how to make it work at the moment and it will be up to Sell Domains Moderator to decide how he/she wants to handle it.

All I know is I want to keep it simple and just like in a domain sale, one either wants it or not. So if someone says I give you 1k the response can be... OK you have 24 hours to consummate the deal or the item will go back for sale.

Again we are in Beta and everything is up for discussion so we have to come up with solutions together. The moderator of this forum will have the biggest influence.

6 (edited by: rlm Nov 20, 2020 10:28 pm)

yeah, I don't think an auction system is necessary.  Remember this is a forum of domainers, and any sale action here has to be at wholesale/reseller prices for it to make any sense to even be posted here.  I wouldn't even mind seeing domain sales threads be restricted to trusted members, specifically to discourage a newb who just does the obnoxious for-sale listing at an absurd price, and then bump bump bump with no one ever responding.  Furthermore, if people can't make negative comments about such ridiculous sales threads, then it just encourages them.  What ever you decide to do, you just need to find a way to discourage or eliminate the stupidity in any sales threads.

Just my opinion.

This is an example of what I don't want to see here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/livega … a.1189287/

Liked by: dancarls, jaydub, MapleDots

rlm wrote:

This is an example of what I don't want to see here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/livega … a.1189287/

Yes
Agree
Please!
Can’t happen or this will just be another wasted effort
White Noise kills serious sharing

DomainTrader.com

HeHe @Nafti will kick that in the butt fairly fast.

That is another reason why on our board we have a separate moderator for each forum. It allows that moderator to focus and make all the decisions for that section.

If the moderator gets too busy only he can appoint a second.
In other words the moderator has the ability to set the tone for their forum and any questions can consult with the other moderators in the private moderator forum.

Please any discrepancy between moderators discuss in the private forum.

https://dn.ca/viewforum.php?id=25

I remember seeing that post on NP. It’s such an embarrassment for not only the forum but the seller as well. It’s possibly that the seller is clueless of the actual worth of those names. Either way, I’m quite surprised that a moderator at NP didn’t DM him and mention about his post and “kindly” remind him that his names are crap... In a nice way of course. :)

The Fab 5:

Do.ca, Of.ca, No.ca, He.ca, Be.ca

Liked by: rlm, jaydub

10 (edited by: Spex Nov 30, 2020 01:27 pm)

Hey @Nafti...can't seem to post a new thread in this section. I'm seeing the "Sorry! no permission to post new topics" message.

Who's butt do I have to kiss to get this functionality? :)

Edit: Also, can I make one thread with multiple names? Or is it one thread per name?

Hi @Spex. I’m not sure why you can’t post a domain for sale. Someone with a trust rating of less than 100 posts are able to as it has already been done. @MapleDots?

You are free to make 1 thread with multiple names. Just specify if it’s make offer or BIN. :)

The Fab 5:

The for sale section should be wide open

Let me check please

@Spex & @Nafti

All fixed, it had to do with the sub forums which I eliminated and it carried the forum view permissions over to the topic view.

Long story short, should be all fixed now

@MapleDots @Nafti

Thanks guys, looks like it's fixed. I'm now seeing the link to post a new topic

Liked by: Nafti

Can you request payment in Bitcoin?

I discussed this in the moderator forum so lets clarify a bit.

If you have a fixed price you must state the price in CAD.
All public negotiations in thread (topic) must be in CAD since this is a dedicated Canadian forum this only makes sense.

How you collect the money, be it e-transfer, cheque, paypal, bitcoin, cash, bank transfer etc is between the buyer and the seller to decide. However you cannot negotiate in bitcoin, ie 1.5 bitcoin as the price.

---------------------------------------------

I have one idea I want to toss out to the member base and I will look to @Nafti to be the most influential person here because he is the Sell Domains moderator, but everyone is welcome to comment.

DN.ca wants to set itself apart from other forums, which means we want to be safer and more transparent.

I had an idea for sales that state make an offer. What is make an offer really, do I offer $25 for your one word domain?

I was thinking we should have a starting price for make an offer. So instead of a blank make an offer statement it would read.

Make an Offer starting at 10k or minimum offer 10k

This way there will not be any mistake as to what the seller is looking for. Now this does not mean the seller will accept 10k, what it means is that the minimum offer has to be 10k. This basically eliminates all the people thinking they can pick the domain up for 1k or so and keeps the exchange in the for sale section realistic.

It is just an idea and while we are in beta I strongly encourage all members to join the discussions before we set the rules in an official capacity January 1st.

I agree. Make offer, especially for great names, should come with a floor price

I agree with the “make offer” comment.

I believe something like “accepting offers above xxx” would be a good way to put it.

The make offer should also make sense. We shouldn’t put make an offer starting at $5 if you want $10K for the domain.

The Fab 5:

I'm pretty cynical about "make an offer" posts - I find them mostly a waste of time.

What I'd like to see is only listings where the seller is serious and not just on a fishing expedition.  So if they said "Best offer of $1000 or more by 8PM EST Friday will be the new owner", now that would make me take the post serious.

I know we'll never probably have a rule like that, but that's what would get my attention.  Otherwise I'll continue to just scroll & generally ignore any generic make-an-offer posts.

Question about auctions happening elsewhere....

Can we promote a domain in auction at a marketplace like GD auctions or on Sedo?

I recently pushed a domain to 7-day auction after receiving a bunch of bids via GD auction marketplace, and I was thinking of promoting it under this "make offer" section. Any rules or suggestions about this type of scenario?

I don't see why not, we do not have a lot of rules.

I would say as long as you think it is beneficial for our members to know go right ahead.

Rule number #2 has been updated

Rules will be enforced as of January 1st 2021

All listed domains in the Buy & Sell section must have a selling price or a beginning price for bids at which you would consider a sale.

Domains topics not priced will be moved to the showcase section.

jaydub wrote:

You can leave the topic in the showcase section and ask for offers via pm.

As of January 1st 2021 all domains in Buy & Sell must have a set selling price or beginning price for make an offer.

@jaydub

25 (edited by: jaydub Jan 01, 2021 10:44 am)

So if I say min offer 5k... Offers via Private Message only...not in thread
It would still have to go in showcase?
Perhaps you, or buyer, want to keep it private.
Or this would be fine as long as you set an opening price?