1

Topic: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

https://i.postimg.cc/mkbPm3XH/Picture0074.png

That WHOIS information now shows Microsoft as the owner of Teams.com. Before April 19, 2021, the domain’s registrant information was displaying MarkMonitor’s default details, obscuring the real identity of the owner.

With Microsoft’s ownership now confirmed, will the company start to use the domain? As of writing, Teams.com is not resolving, but nameservers have been updated to show Microsoft nameservers. Similar nameservers are used for Microsoft products such as Live.com, Outlook.com, and Surface.com. Microsoft’s acquisition price is still unknown.

Read more...
https://jamesnames.com/2021/04/confirme … teams-com/

2

Re: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

Let me be the first to predict that Microsoft will buy out teams.ca

It is too important for them not too, even if they have to buy the whole business sitting on that website.

3

Re: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

MapleDots wrote:

Let me be the first to predict that Microsoft will buy out teams.ca

It is too important for them not too, even if they have to buy the whole business sitting on that website.

In my opinion, if you have the .com, you don't really need all the cctld's. It's not like the Teams software is hard to find.

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

4

Re: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

They might have a hard time getting teams.ca since it’s in use but I bet they would like to own it. They also own live.ca even though it doesn’t resolve.

https://i.postimg.cc/0j5bXFHn/3-CCC1415-1740-4-F3-B-A5-E8-5-CACF0-C0-D092.png

5

Re: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

I once sold microsoft a domain which they did through a stealth acquisition, then they never used the domain... I doubt they'll go after teams either - especially since its in use.

6

Re: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

rlm wrote:

I once sold microsoft a domain which they did through a stealth acquisition, then they never used the domain... I doubt they'll go after teams either - especially since its in use.

Yea, I sold them a 4 letter word .com "back in the day". I'm not sure if they ever used it. They still own it and it doesn't resolve.

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

7

Re: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

aactive wrote:

Yea, I sold them a 4 letter word .com "back in the day". I'm not sure if they ever used it. They still own it and it doesn't resolve.

I’m assuming they reached out to you? I’m often curious how negotiations go with large corporations like this. Was there much negotiations?

The Fab 5:


Do.ca, Of.ca, No.ca, He.ca, Be.ca

8

Re: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

Nafti wrote:

I’m assuming they reached out to you? I’m often curious how negotiations go with large corporations like this. Was there much negotiations?

They reached out through an intermediary (I think it was Mark Monitor). The negotiations were quick and to the point. They made an initial offer, I came back WAY higher, they accepted. The whole deal took about 10 days from inquiry to transfer and payment. It was going to be used for a new video game/tech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lips_(video_game)

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren

9

Re: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

You bought that at TRAFFIC didn't you?

10

Re: Microsoft Acquired Teams.com

rlm wrote:

You bought that at TRAFFIC didn't you?

Yes... back in the good times! :)

Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever. - Dylan Lauren