Topic: Tonal.ca Sold

https://i.postimg.cc/6qLv11D4/Picture0012.png

Source:
https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domai … 201125.htm

Looks like a good sale at $5000

Liked by: MapleDots

Re: Tonal.ca Sold

Possibly bought by the .com owners I’m thinking. Still resolving to a parked page.

I’m also thinking that I would change the name. When I see this name, I think of “toenail”. :lol: Anyone else? :)

The Fab 5:

Do.ca, Of.ca, No.ca, He.ca, Be.ca

:lol:

Nafti wrote:

I’m also thinking that I would change the name. When I see this name, I think of “toenail”. :lol: Anyone else? :)

Real character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching.;)
Be sure brain is engaged before putting keyboard in gear.
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a battle of wits with unarmed opponents :)
Immortality is achieved by living a life worth remembering.

I think maybe the .com people bought it

https://www.tonal.com/

Nafti wrote:

Damn, where's that LOL button??

that was fast that was on a tbr this year lol

whiteknight wrote:

Serious?

Hmm, someone made some money

It sold for 5k, for a second I was confused, that is my magic number. :)

MapleDots.ca
I am hard at work helping with the launch of DN.ca

whiteknight wrote:

I picked up a domain in TBR @ Sibername on 10/28.  No one bid it up in auction (not even me), so I won it but didn't realize it until Nov 11 (it was a slow few weeks in TBR).   So I paid for it and set my nameservers so it would resolve to my contact form.  The domain was leased within a week.  And you'd think maybe it was a previous owner who accidentally let it expire, but it wasn't.  I don't even think he realized it had just expired.  It was a very mediocre domain I could've sat on for years without an inquiry too.  Sometimes you just get lucky...

Liked by: aactive

MapleDots wrote:

Serious?

Hmm, someone made some money

It sold for 5k, for a second I was confused, that is my magic number. :)

I assumed the Tonal sale being reported on Namebio is what inspired Mapledots to buy mirror...  They're both basically the same product.

rlm wrote:

I assumed the Tonal sale being reported on Namebio is what inspired Mapledots to buy mirror...  They're both basically the same product.

Funny you mention that, I got an offer on mirror yesterday around the same price, I actually did not put that together.

MapleDots.ca
I am hard at work helping with the launch of DN.ca

That is a quick turnaround.  And another good topic, leasing .ca domains, I wonder how much of that is going on?  A good topic for this forum if it doesn't already exist.

rlm wrote:

I picked up a domain in TBR @ Sibername on 10/28.  No one bid it up in auction (not even me), so I won it but didn't realize it until Nov 11 (it was a slow few weeks in TBR).   So I paid for it and set my nameservers so it would resolve to my contact form.  The domain was leased within a week.  And you'd think maybe it was a previous owner who accidentally let it expire, but it wasn't.  I don't even think he realized it had just expired.  It was a very mediocre domain I could've sat on for years without an inquiry too.  Sometimes you just get lucky...

DomainMedia.ca

domains wrote:

That is a quick turnaround.  And another good topic, leasing .ca domains, I wonder how much of that is going on?  A good topic for this forum if it doesn't already exist.

Probably not much.  I'm not sure how many people ever even offer a lease as an option.  I actually make an effort at pushing a lease or payment plan rather than negotiating on price.  I feel like it shows that I'm at least trying to work with them by giving them options.  If they refuse to even consider the lease, then I feel like that's a good clue that they can actually afford it, they just don't want to pay it.  Businesses lease all kinds of stuff, offices, vehicles, equipment, etc... But with a domain, maybe because its their brand, they just refuse to consider it.  In any case, I push that option all the time, but despite my efforts, I still only have one active lease and one active payment plan.