.CA 12 .ca'a sold highest at $23,500 USD (1 Viewing)

DomainRecap

Highest Post Count
Gold Notable Member
Topics
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd also point out how all those immediately below were sold sometime between "Mon. Oct. 11 - Sun. Oct. 24, 2021" (ie the reporting period of this current sales report):

UOF.ca ($23,500 USD)
Qualify.ca ($9,000 USD)
CashForScrap.ca ($8,100 USD)
NFT.ca ($6,500 USD)

Whereas all of these below occurred sometime before October 11th, but were reported during the same period of "Mon. Oct. 11 - Sun. Oct. 24, 2021":

"UnicDomains continued to fuel a good run for .ca with seven more sales including 4F.ca at $4,000, UOV.ca at $3,950 and AdventureTours.ca at $3,500. QBL.ca brought $3,463, EZMoney.ca made $3,300, MoneyCard.ca sold for $3,000 and Futur.ca added $2,900."

As some of you may remember, Ron will report whatever you want to report to him and put it in his next sales report, even if the sale didn't occur within that reporting period. He will include these at the bottom under the chart, almost like "additional info".

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out as I found it interesting when I first learned of it. This means anyone can report any sale to Ron for these sales reports, even if they occurred long ago.

Esdiel said:
Thought I'd also point out how all those immediately below were sold sometime between "Mon. Oct. 11 - Sun. Oct. 24, 2021" (ie the reporting period of this current sales report):

UOF.ca ($23,500 USD)
Qualify.ca ($9,000 USD)
CashForScrap.ca ($8,100 USD)
NFT.ca ($6,500 USD)

Whereas all of these below occurred sometime before October 11th, but were reported during the same period of "Mon. Oct. 11 - Sun. Oct. 24, 2021":

"UnicDomains continued to fuel a good run for .ca with seven more sales including 4F.ca at $4,000, UOV.ca at $3,950 and AdventureTours.ca at $3,500. QBL.ca brought $3,463, EZMoney.ca made $3,300, MoneyCard.ca sold for $3,000 and Futur.ca added $2,900."

As some of you may remember, Ron will report whatever you want to report to him and put it in his next sales report, even if the sale didn't occur within that reporting period. He will include these at the bottom under the chart, almost like "additional info".

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out as I found it interesting when I first learned of it. This means anyone can report any sale to Ron for these sales reports, even if they occurred long ago.

Ah crap. Sorry but I just realized I may be looking at this wrong... by confusing Ron's personal sales reports with his Sedo sales reports... so I'm no longer sure.

In the Sedo sales reports he lists all domains above 2K, so the chart is as long as it needs to be to include them all... HOWEVER, this is not a Sedo sales report.... It's his own sales report (which include sales reported directly to him), where only the "top 20" highest sales are in the chart, and everything else mentioned below the chart are additional sales reported (that don't make the top 20).

Sorry about the confusion, but you can still definitely report any sale to him and he will include it. To add one more note... if none of these were reported directly to Namebio then we should see all these sales as having occurred on the very last day of the reporting (i.e. October 24th). I'm guessing this is because Ron doesn't share all the details with Namebio, so Namebio just uses the last day of reporting period as the sale date by default.

UOF is the clear winner in this lot congrats to the seller. (I am guessing is here)

DomainRecap said:
From the latest DNJournal Domain Sales Report (https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2021/20211110.htm)

UOF.ca - $23,500
Qualify.ca - $9,000
NFT.ca - $6,500
4F.ca - $4,000
UOV.ca - $3,950
AdventureTours.ca - $3,500
QBL.ca - $3,463
EZMoney.ca - $3,300
MoneyCard.ca - $3,000
Futur.ca - $2,900

These above finally made their way to Namebio.com.

All with Oct 24, 2021 showing as the sales date:

Screen-Shot-2021-11-04-at-11-54-03-PM.png

MapleDots said:
Not sure I would have sold nft.ca for that low

Most definitely undersold. Someone got a nice deal on this one.

Nafti said:
Most definitely undersold. Someone got a nice deal on this one.

Definitely a great deal given what's going on in that space atm.

I first assumed it was bought by a domain investor considering the domain sold at "UnicDomains" and the domain currenly resolves to an Afternic lander now, but I just checked archive.org and the domain was using an afternic lander as far back as April 9th, 2021... so I'm no longer sure since the buyer may have simply not changed the nameservers yet. Then again, I'm a bit confused on why Ron would report it as having occurred at UnicDomains if the venue was in fact Afternic. I suppose the seller could have asked to list UnicDomains rather than Afternic.

You also have to wonder if the domain sale is somehow related to Kevin O'Leary's purchase of NFT.com for 2M USD. I would think that's an easy impulse purchase for him if he already paid 2M for the .com. Either that or maybe a domain investor was motivated to buy it after learning of the .com sale. I guess time will tell but for now it looks like it's still for sale.

MapleDots said:
Hmm that too is news to me

I guess it can't be said he bought it himself, but a company he invested in heavily bought it, and I believe his investment was behind the purchase of the domain.

A few links below about it here below:

https://domaininvesting.com/kevin-oleary-comments-about-7-figure-nft-com/

“I invested in Immutable Holdings to get a diverse portfolio of blockchain opportunities, including NFT.com, one of the most important and valuable domain names in crypto assets,” said O’Leary. “NFT.com is where the puck is going. The opportunity to build profiles in the NFT space with such a powerful and important domain name is why what Immutable Holdings is doing is so valuable.”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/kevin-ole...EktKTcxVETo0CnfV23JTEUD8fXqhCsvNMR8okyaUYDzhH

Esdiel said:
I guess it can't be said he bought it himself, but a company he invested in heavily bought it, and I believe his investment was behind the purchase of the domain.

A few links below about it here below:

https://domaininvesting.com/kevin-oleary-comments-about-7-figure-nft-com/

“I invested in Immutable Holdings to get a diverse portfolio of blockchain opportunities, including NFT.com, one of the most important and valuable domain names in crypto assets,” said O’Leary. “NFT.com is where the puck is going. The opportunity to build profiles in the NFT space with such a powerful and important domain name is why what Immutable Holdings is doing is so valuable.”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/kevin-ole...EktKTcxVETo0CnfV23JTEUD8fXqhCsvNMR8okyaUYDzhH

Before I forget, we must give credit to [notify]GeorgeK[/notify] as I'm rather certain he was the one to discover the price for NFT.com was 2M, as mentioned here: https://dn.ca/topic/1216/nftcom-domain-name-acquired-for-usd-2-million/

What do you think [notify]GeorgeK[/notify]? I believe O'Leary has a 1/3 stake in the company. Do you think his investment was the main reason why Immutable Holdings was able to buy NFT.com?

Immutable Holdings is going to be launching a site on NFT.com this year.

It is a publicly traded company in Canada, under ticker HOLD.ne (Neo exchange) though based in the US or Puerto Rico I think.

One way to play the crypto/nft/meta space without buying tokens.

Reactions: FM
domains said:
It is a publicly traded company in Canada, under ticker HOLD.ne (Neo exchange) though based in the US or Puerto Rico I think.

Thank you for mentioning this. What's the difference to

HOLD.TO
IMMUTABLE HOLDINGS INC. (Aequitas NEO)

Or is that the same?

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free for everyone.

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free.

Members who recently read this topic: 2

Back