• Buy & Sell your domain names commission free on Canada's most trusted domaining community. Get your own landing page with a custom website address dn.ca/market/user at: Market Pages

Great to be here. (1 Viewing)

aactive

R.I.P.
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
23
Posts
372
Likes
370
Been in the domain space since 1999. Had a few good .ca domains over the years. Focusing more on development these days.
 

Nafti

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
68
Posts
934
Likes
597
Market
Welcome to the forum. :)

Do you have an online portfolio?
 

aactive

R.I.P.
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
23
Posts
372
Likes
370
MapleDots said:
Welcome aboard aactive, I see you are from my stomping grounds?


Your website candycrave.ca is pretty incredible with a super domain name.


WOW, great job!!

Thanks! We just moved here from Winnipeg to be closer to our daughter who lives in Hamilton.
 

aactive

R.I.P.
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
23
Posts
372
Likes
370
Nafti said:
Welcome to the forum. :)

Do you have an online portfolio?

Don't have one. I am more focused on development in the candy space. I have owned a few good .ca's in the past. (jobs.ca, women.ca, candy.ca, jobsearch.ca, and a few others). I dabble a bit in the TBR in the past year: brad.ca, pretzels.ca, babyboomer.ca (I like this one, probably because I'm old).
 

MapleDots

Community Guide
Verified Member
Boardroom Access
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Topics
854
Posts
3,643
Likes
3,105
Market
aactive said:
Don't have one. I am more focused on development in the candy space. I have owned a few good .ca's in the past. (jobs.ca, women.ca, candy.ca, jobsearch.ca, and a few others). I dabble a bit in the TBR in the past year: brad.ca, pretzels.ca, babyboomer.ca (I like this one, probably because I'm old).

Ahh, now I put it together

Why are you using candycrave instead of candy.ca?

Are you hoping to sell candy.ca?


PS. I think I saw you on another forum because I remember commenting on your website once before.
 

aactive

R.I.P.
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
23
Posts
372
Likes
370
MapleDots said:
Ahh, now I put it together

Why are you using candycrave instead of candy.ca?

Are you hoping to sell candy.ca?


PS. I think I saw you on another forum because I remember commenting on your website once before.

Contrary to widespread domainer belief, I don't believe that the generic term is always better than a branded term. I think that "candy crave" and "candy experience" (our other candy site) work better as brands than the all-encompassing "candy". We actually had named candy crave, candyclub originally, but was getting confusion from the candy club .com site in the US.
 

domains

Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2020
Topics
56
Posts
962
Likes
498
Market
Welcome to the forum!

How do you source the candy for your online store, do you use dropshipping or keep an inventory, have a physical store? It is a pretty competitive market I'd imagine. I think I have a few candy .ca's, like mycandy and candyplus.
 

LovelyLynda

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Topics
13
Posts
98
Likes
46
Lovely to meet you aactive, I can't ever go back to your website, my hips won't stand for it :)
 

aactive

R.I.P.
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
23
Posts
372
Likes
370
domains said:
Welcome to the forum!

How do you source the candy for your online store, do you use dropshipping or keep an inventory, have a physical store? It is a pretty competitive market I'd imagine. I think I have a few candy .ca's, like mycandy and candyplus.

We don't have a brick n mortar store, but we certainly carry inventory. We try and ship orders with 24 hours. Candy/Chocolate is sourced from many places, some as far away as Germany.
 

jaydub

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Topics
33
Posts
809
Likes
375
Welcome to DN.ca!
 

aactive

R.I.P.
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
23
Posts
372
Likes
370
LovelyLynda said:
Lovely to meet you aactive, I can't ever go back to your website, my hips won't stand for it :)

Hi Lynda. The best I can say is all things in moderation. :)

“Chocolate is happiness that you can eat.”
- Ursula Kohaupt
 

Nafti

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
68
Posts
934
Likes
597
Market
After clicking on your profile page, I now know who you are. I had an idea before but now I know. :) I was actually reading an article on you not long ago. Don’t ask me what it was about though. :lol: But I do remember it was a major publication.
 

aactive

R.I.P.
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
23
Posts
372
Likes
370
Nafti said:
After clicking on your profile page, I now know who you are. I had an idea before but now I know. :) I was actually reading an article on you not long ago. Don’t ask me what it was about though. :lol: But I do remember it was a major publication.

Fame is fleeting :). These days I prefer to call myself a Recovering Entrepreneur. I loved the heydays of the domain business (started in 1999) and I don't know if a time like that will happen again any time soon. For me, in the 2008-2014 period, I got into a couple of major development projects long before I had the knowledge or talent to do them and got slaughtered. It was humbling. The good news, at least from the development side of things, it forced me to learn more about developing a real online business, without just throwing money at it and hoping it might work.

Slow and steady can win a lot of races...
 

FM

WHC.ca
Service Rep.
Verified Member
Boardroom Access
Joined
Nov 20, 2020
Topics
53
Posts
725
Likes
522
Shaun, good to see and have you here.
 

aactive

R.I.P.
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Topics
23
Posts
372
Likes
370
RedRider said:
jellies.ca is on sedo for $795usd

Thanks for that. Not a very common candy type used in Canada. Might have to revisit it in the future if I can think of an angle.
 

Eby

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2021
Topics
53
Posts
1,023
Likes
561
Was reminded of him when the Jujubes.ca domain was mentioned elsewhere.