- Nov 4, 2020
Today I am going to teach newer members how to use the Dan.com (Undeveloped) marketplace to it's full PROFIT potential.
I switched my public domains to dan.com because of their reasonable 9% commission which was far less than the 20% I was paying at Godaddy/Afternic.
So even though 9% is quite reasonable I still think there is room for domainers to maximize their profits and take this number down to 5% whenever possible.
So here is a quick tutorial for those of you that would like to see some of my tricks and tweaks.
1. Set all your domains on BIN and Lease to own.
2. Then price your domains at the maximum price you wish to see for them.
3. Then make sure you have your profile turned on and add your Lander address and Email address to the profile.
4. By not having "Make an Offer" turned on they cannot start negotiations on Dan.com, they can only "Buy Now"
5. They will now have to contact you directly to negotiate price.
6. Offer the client a discount to purchase the domain (what you would sell for)
7. Inside your Dan control panel click "Add New Lead" - https://dan.com/users/sales_activity/leads
8. Send your client to Dan.com to complete the purchase.
9. Voilla you pay only 5% commission.
Now it does not matter how you price your domains it only matters that you do not start your negotiations on Dan. The 4% savings can add up fast and quite honestly at 5% commission I won't look at Paypal, Escrow or anything else because Dan handles the transaction from start to finish.
On Twitter and other places you can advertise your domain like this and link it right to your Dan profile.
Everyone uses a different approach but on my re-designed MapleDots.ca page I now feature Dan and Twitter quite extensively as part of my sales routine.