OFFERS Pinks (1 Viewing)

  • Topic Starter rlm
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 1,095
Blues, greens, reds, are all top notch domains, pinks not so much so personally i'd take an offer below the $7,500

I think RLM might, but as the potential buyer is "trying to meet his price" why not give him some time. If he comes back at $5.5K then you can decide then.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rlm
Recently negotiated a sale using Graen valuation tool... similar type domain picked up for $20 and not much upside, 7 characters 1-word plural

Here's what PINKS dot ca looks like
Go to: https://graen.com/free-domain-valuation and type in Pinks dot ca

The buyer came in with an offer below the short term price and negotiated to somewhere above that

First time using this tool in negotiations, so was fairly satisfied with the outcome
 
"Pink" is also a family name so that's makes for another possible end-use, but in plural. As in, "the Pinks".
 
  • Like
Reactions: rlm
Recently negotiated a sale using Graen valuation tool... similar type domain picked up for $20 and not much upside, 7 characters 1-word plural

Here's what PINKS dot ca looks like
Go to: https://graen.com/free-domain-valuation and type in Pinks dot ca

The buyer came in with an offer below the short term price and negotiated to somewhere above that

First time using this tool in negotiations, so was fairly satisfied with the outcome

Graen and Saw valuations run closer to my actual sales. Godaddy is a very short term "sell it to the first buyer that comes along" kinda price.
 
I think RLM might, but as the potential buyer is "trying to meet his price" why not give him some time. If he comes back at $5.5K then you can decide then.

I usually stick to my quoted price but tend to be very flexible on making payments though. Although you could argue that $5K now is better than hoping to get $7500 over payments, I kinda like building up that recurring monthly income, so I've been pushing those payment plan options hard when people act really interested but are agonizing over the price. I'm getting around $750/mo now in recurring payments. Of course that not really much, but it was $0 a couple years ago, so it seems to be slowly becoming a more viable option for some people.
 
Good luck with your negotiations.. while conversely here is the "comment" I got this morning from a (cough) potential buyer on GD:

come on its not worth it. your lucky to get 400. if yes accept otherwise keep it, thanks

When I get those kind of responses, then I really get stubborn, and yes, I'll just keep it then, and the price will go up, not down.
 
When I get those kind of responses, then I really get stubborn, and yes, I'll just keep it then, and the price will go up, not down.

I always quote a price with a deadline and then I make it a point to increase the domain by $500 after the deadline.
Usually the potential buyer comes back and complains and I tell them I will remove it for 24 hours if they use buy now.

The 24 hours passes and I raise it by 1k

Buyer calls back and all I tell them is...

Learn how to use the buy now button!!

I have a 4 letter domain that has increased by 4k with the same buyer starting and stopping negotiations. I tell him clearly that the price goes up if he wastes my time. With a 4k increase you can imagine how much time he has wasted.

Latest... got a call from godaddy and I told the broker the domain is listed at auction with a buy now price. The broker wanted to start negotiating and I simply stated.... Buy now is active, tell him to click.

The domain was 10k and now it's 14k, same guy keeps asking and I feel the only way to end it is to move to 15.

Did I mention I love this business? Anyone that says they can get another domain is bullshitting, if they contacted you they want yours, count on it, especially when it's multiple contacts.
 
I always quote a price with a deadline and then I make it a point to increase the domain by $500 after the deadline.
Usually the potential buyer comes back and complains and I tell them I will remove it for 24 hours if they use buy now.

The 24 hours passes and I raise it by 1k

Buyer calls back and all I tell them is...

Learn how to use the buy now button!!

I have a 4 letter domain that has increased by 4k with the same buyer starting and stopping negotiations. I tell him clearly that the price goes up if he wastes my time. With a 4k increase you can imagine how much time he has wasted.

Latest... got a call from godaddy and I told the broker the domain is listed at auction with a buy now price. The broker wanted to start negotiating and I simply stated.... Buy now is active, tell him to click.

The domain was 10k and now it's 14k, same guy keeps asking and I feel the only way to end it is to move to 15.

Did I mention I love this business? Anyone that says they can get another domain is bullshitting, if they contacted you they want yours, count on it, especially when it's multiple contacts.

Plenty of people are going to be seriously interested but may have trouble with the finances up front. So as long as they're nice, I'm nice and very understanding, but its definitely first come first served, and they know that if another buyer comes along and hits buy-now, its gone. Typically I don't think they're going out of their way to waste your time. There are some that come with an attitude, but thankfully its pretty rare. But if they are, then yes, I can have some attitude back.
 

Members who recently read this topic: 2

Support our sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free for everyone.

New Discussion Posts

CatchDrop.ca

Google Ad

Popular This Week

CIRA.ca

Popular This Month

Google Ad

Back