- Nov 4, 2020
Here is a quick tutorial to teach you how to pay the least commission possible on your sales
- First of all register here for a free Market Page: Get a free Market Page
- Post there to request a URL similar to this: dn.ca/market/user
- Customize your market page similar to mine: dn.ca/market/mapledots
- Then forward all your domains to your new market page URL
Now when someone contacts you there is no need to worry about commission, simply negotiate and upon a sale you have the following options.
1. Get paid by E-Transfer which is free and no commission.
2. Ask your client for a certified cheque which is also free.
3. Push the domain to dan.com for a nominal 5% commission.
If the client does not agree with any of the above send him here: godaddy.com/en-ca/domains/domain-broker
The client has to pay the full 20% commission if they decide to go with the godaddy link above and your share is 0%.
Believe it or not I had a client pick that option.
The trick to maximize profits is to not give it away in the form of commission.
I have hardly ever paid a commission and removing my dan.com store and pointing my domains to my market lander assures that negotiations start here so I can take advantage of the 5% push commission. If negotiations are started on Dan.com it is 9% +1% bank transfer fee for a total of 10%.
GoDaddy is 20% and Sedo is 10%
Sell a few domains and your savings easily accumulate. Remember that we sell mostly .ca domains so using a bank e-transfer is the safest and easiest option. Most banks have a 3 to 5 thousand dollar daily limit so you can easily break the payment up into multiple payments and still stay 100% commission free.
By forwarding your domains to your market page at dn.ca you are also increasing the traffic for the rest of us and assuring we turn dn.ca into a remarkable resource for .ca in Canada.