.CA Vehicles.ca (2 Viewing)

theinvestor

DNCanada.ca
Joined
Nov 28, 2020
Topics
99
Posts
1,183
Likes
877
From
Toronto, ON
Country flag
Anyone understand the sale of vehicles.ca that just got reported on namebio (May 19) ? It says it sold for $455 USD via flippa. I am pretty sure I’ve seen that domain recorded sold before for $9,000.
 
mcm said:
Quick Question - Has anyone here sold a domain for cash? I've got a potential buyer from BC who offered to send cash in the mail.

I am considering it because the value doesn't exceed $2000 and I have a PO Box. I've made it very clear that nothing will be transferred until the money is checked for authenticity and deposited safely.

Money order would make sense, assuming they live somewhere with easy access to any bank, it would be protecting them more than anything though.

I suppose it depends on how much you trust this person too, have they been forthcoming with their identity/location/etc? Or are they obviously staying incognito?

It doesn't sound as of there's any risk to you, mostly to the buyer. But if they're clearing hiding, is that who you want to do business with? And if so, why? Maybe your domain is worth much more? Maybe they know something you don't?
 
  • Like
Reactions: mcm
theinvestor said:
Anyone understand the sale of vehicles.ca that just got reported on namebio (May 19) ? It says it sold for $455 USD via flippa. I am pretty sure I’ve seen that domain recorded sold before for $9,000.

I was wondering the same as you and found this article from DN Journal a few days ago. It once sold for 9K at TRAFFIC in Vancouver on June 9th, 2010 (see the very last screenshot). The domain doesn't appear to have ever dropped either, so i'm not sure how it sold for so cheap on Flippa... but maybe it was an auction gone-wrong type of scenario?

I included a few extra screenshots from the article, since I found them interesting, and you can read the entire thing at this link: https://www.dnjournal.com/events/2010/traffic-vancouver-review-page2.htm

Screen-Shot-2022-05-23-at-5-17-52-PM.png


Screen-Shot-2022-05-23-at-5-16-56-PM.png


Screen-Shot-2022-05-23-at-4-12-45-PM.png
 
yeah, good question - it was recently moved to Dan's nameservers and added to this dude's account, where he has just a handful of domains:

https://dan.com/domain-seller/rukia?&results=50&order_by=relevance

Nothing exciting there with the exception he is our recent Hype buyer! Interesting.

Back to Vehicles, yes, I'm guessing the old owner is liquidating or made a mistake and honoured it?

Here's the "sold" listing, looks like it happened at this price.

https://flippa.com/domains?search_t...y_type]=domain&filter[revenue_generating]=T,F

That's crushing news to the poor sucker who owns Vehicle.ca - that kind of sale made public doesn't help! And almost all of the domain valuation sites for vehicle have it solidly at around the $10K mark. I guess we'll see of this data point hurts the valuations in the coming weeks/months.

I rarely look at flippa, to be honest, their marketplace pisses me off with their tactics.

If a domain listing says "Asking Price", I read that as the effing BIN price. If you're "asking" a price and I offer you that price, as far as I'm concerned, that should be an effing SOLD domain. Note on flippa that Homeowner.ca says "Starting Price" which is perfectly fine and clear. But all their other listings using "Asking Price" as a "make a minimum offer" is bullshit in my opinion.
 
Esdiel said:
I was wondering the same as you and found this article from DN Journal a few days ago. It once sold for 9K at TRAFFIC in Vancouver on June 9th, 2010 (see the very last screenshot). The domain doesn't appear to have ever dropped either, so i'm not sure how it sold for so cheap on Flippa... but maybe it was an auction gone-wrong type of scenario?

I included a few extra screenshots from the article, since I found them interesting, and you can read the entire thing at this link: https://www.dnjournal.com/events/2010/traffic-vancouver-review-page2.htm

So, in 2010 diet.ca sold for 20k? Then dropped and was in TBR last year. Who is purchasing these domains?
 
theinvestor said:
So, in 2010 diet.ca sold for 20k? Then dropped and was in TBR last year. Who is purchasing these domains?

Judging by the amount of great TBR’s lately, my guess is that someone unfortunately passed away and didn’t leave anyone/family with any info. As pointed out by Eby, a lot of these great .ca that dropped last week were at MyId. Could it be the same owner? Perhaps.

Also seen “Oliver Twist” behind a lot of the dropping names. Maybe somehow here knows the story behind that name?
 

Members who recently read this topic: 5

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free for everyone.

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free.

Back