1-word generic .CA's in the wild (1 Viewing)

• Topic Starter Spex
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 68
  • Views: Views 6,900
clearly.ca → Clearly Glasses

The link they promote on their television advertisements, clearly.ca/tv, redirects you to clearly.ca/glasses?cmp=ref&src=tv&seg=sportsnet. I guess they exclusively advertise on Sportsnet and no where else?

Interestingly enough, the game Forge of Empires only uses the domain 'foe.tv' on their television adverts. I sometimes wonder how effective this is at tracking conversions.

mcm said:
clearly.ca → Clearly Glasses

The link they promote on their television advertisements, clearly.ca/tv, redirects you to clearly.ca/glasses?cmp=ref&src=tv&seg=sportsnet. I guess they exclusively advertise on Sportsnet and no where else?

Interestingly enough, the game Forge of Empires only uses the domain 'foe.tv' on their television adverts. I sometimes wonder how effective this is at tracking conversions.

They’re all about tracking….if I recall they owned walmarttracking.ca. Not sure if they still do or why they own it.

Reactions: mcm
theinvestor said:
They’re all about tracking….if I recall they owned walmarttracking.ca. Not sure if they still do or why they own it.

Not that anyone cares, but I remember reading about paid programming infomercials using a different 1-800 number for each television station they'd advertise on as a way to track conversions.

Reactions: FM
mcm said:
Not that anyone cares, but I remember reading about paid programming infomercials using a different 1-800 number for each television station they'd advertise on as a way to track conversions.

Some of the very first domainers got their start by recognizing the parallels of domains and 1-800 vanity numbers.

Scenic.ca

luxury cruises and tours, saw this on a tv ad this morning, had never seen it before.

domains said:
Scenic.ca

luxury cruises and tours, saw this on a tv ad this morning, had never seen it before.

That's a beautiful site. A great use of a great domain name. I love to see a domain that I sold put to good use. Too bad this is not one of them.

Many have paid premiums to purchase a domain and then leave it undeveloped or worse still park it. But who cares. I don't mind selling more and not worry about what they do with it. ;)

Eby said:
I love to see a domain that I sold put to good use. Too bad this is not one of them.

Speaking of that, we should aggregate a list of everyone's good domain sales that are now developed. Anyone want to start?

MapleDots said:
One I disclosed is pkwy.ca

It's lame that they're just redirecting it though...

I sold affirm, they're redirecting it to the .com/en-ca, also kinda lame.

domains said:
was affirm ever reported, don't recall but it's a nice one word brand.

I guess it wasn't. Now you know. :)

The last two+ years was probably a golden window to sell domains to start ups and the crypto space. Looking ahead domains will always sell but there won't be as many well funded companies as previously imo. At least not until this economic uncertainty we're going through is over.

domains said:
I hope you didn't let them grind you down in price :D

No way.. he is solid like a rock!!

rlm said:
I guess it wasn't. Now you know. :)

knowing.gif

Reactions: rlm
ballet.ca and www.ballet.ca don't resolve. Only national.ballet.ca resolves even though ballet.ca seems to be owned by The National Ballet of Canada. Are they that stupid??? Their IT & Marketing departments need to be fired!

Chances are they don't have an iT department and the guy running the payroll department or something got tasked to do that job.
They certainly have a marketing person... I'm guessing the payroll guy isn't also buying ads for the side of a bus.

And I'm sure it would have been a marketing person who decided to go with national.ballet.ca and not ballet.ca - its not a natural choice any one else would have made.

And whats even more stupid is that they also own nationalballet.ca and it doesn't resolve either!! They've owned these domains for years. And its a fairly detailed website with subscriptions/ticketing, etc...

So I think there's no way they don't have a full web development team contracted to do all of this. They all need to be fired for complete stupidity and lack of understanding their jobs.

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free for everyone.

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free.

Back