2021 Ecommerce Trends Every Canadian Brand Needs to Know (1 Viewing)

aactive

R.I.P.
Topics
Country flag
Key takeaways (link below).

In Canada, 48% of Canadians report upping their online shopping during the COVID-19 pandemic, and 93% of consumers plan to continue or even ramp up the amount of online shopping they do.

For many, convenience comes down to how quickly they can receive their purchase. For some items, two-day shipping just won’t cut it anymore. Same-day delivery is expected to hit 25% of the last-mile market share by 2025, and customers will be willing to spend more for speedy service.

Some 32% of Canadian online shoppers have said reviews and other user-generated content influences their buying decisions.

In Canada, 42% of online shoppers prioritize retailers who can provide unique offerings.

For 46% of Canadian consumers, retailers who take steps to reduce or even offset their carbon footprints are going to be increasingly attractive. Compelling stories about brand efforts and innovations are going to capture the consumer imagination and, hopefully, their dollars.

https://canadiansinternet.com/ecommerce-trends-brand-need-know/

There's no doubt people were forced to shop online due to lockdowns, but I wonder what percentage of this spending is covid-relief money that was meant to help people pay their bills.

I guess it still "stimulates" the economy (if you want to ignore the size of the debt we're making for ourselves) but so many people are getting free money that they don't even need.... that I'm sure many just decide to blow it all on random crap they wouldn't have bought otherwise. Treating every cerb cheque as if it's Christmas.

Esdiel said:
There's no doubt people were forced to shop online due to lockdowns, but I wonder what percentage of this spending is covid-relief money that was meant to help people pay their bills.

I guess it still "stimulates" the economy (if you want to ignore the size of the debt we're making for ourselves) but so many people are getting free money that they don't even need.... that I'm sure many just decide to blow it all on random crap they wouldn't have bought otherwise. Treating every cerb cheque as if it's Christmas.

There is certainly CERB money in the economy, but I would think the majority is going to things like rent, mortgage, groceries and utilities etc. I think we are seeing a paradigm shift in people's shopping habits. When COVID is over, many people will go back to shopping in person because they enjoy it, but millions of Canadians shopping habits have been changed forever.

Members who recently read this topic: 1

Support our sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free for everyone.

New Discussion Posts

CatchDrop.ca

New Market Posts

Google Ad

Popular This Week

CIRA.ca

Popular This Month

Google Ad

Back