Forgot to tell you we returned on a brand spanking new 737 max which made me a bit nervous.
A couple of observations....
- The technology was insane
- All writing was in english only, on the 737 it was english and some other language I did not recognize.
- I am 6 foot 1 and I had to bend my knee into my sons isle, it was almost unberable for 4 hours.
- Nice USB slots in seat backs but we could not use with our modern USB C phones without an adaptor.
- Sunwing used to paint the wing tips orange with the sunwing logo, now it is just an orange sunwing sticker no painted tip.
- No TV screens anywhere anymore.
Yeah, the planes are pretty nice - with one exception. Leg room. Its gotten ridiculous. Of course the airlines can order them with whatever spacing between seats they want, with different spacing for for first, business, coach, etc.... But I'm only 5'7" and even I'm starting to complain about it being too tight. I feel bad for tall people! Nah, no I don't. I get screwed at concerts and events trying to see over tall people, so you guys can get screwed on airplanes
If you're in the cheap seats, don't even bother trying to pull out the laptop, you'd need t-rex arms to type because the thing would basically be sitting 1 inch from your body! On a long flight it is also ridiculous to try and eat a meal with so little space. I don't usually bother spending the big bucks for the roomier seats, especially if the flight is only a few hours. But coming back from Paris last year we upgraded to biz class and it was way more comfortable. Probably still not worth the cost in my book, but it kept the wife happy. And the meal was actually delicious.
In the main cabin, seats can be as close as every 28" inches. CRAZY. AirCanada has 30", Westjet goes with 31" to 34", most north american planes are in that 30-34" range for the main cabin, with some combination 30 and larger so they can sell upgraded comfort seats. Not sure about Sunwing.
And yeah, screens are disappearing. Of course the airline can order them with 13" screens and bluetooth headphone capable... Its nice not to have to deal with cables, or balancing your own ipad or iphone the whole time.
The overhead bins are pretty spacious, so that's nice.