1-word generic .CA's in the wild (1 Viewing)

• Topic Starter Spex
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 68
  • Views: Views 6,890
MapleDots said:
Chow.ca is still available, I know I was negotiating on it once and it was not badly priced.

I believe it’s still owned by Todd. He offered it to me a few years ago for a fair price but I didn’t bite. Great name for a delivery site and also a very common last name. For those that remember the late Jack Layton, that is his widow’s last name.

I’ve been seeing a lot of ads for properly.ca.

theinvestor said:
I’ve been seeing a lot of ads for properly.ca.

Hmm, interesting, so easily confused with property.ca and even about the same subject matter.

I'm not sure I would have gone in that direction because properly.ca is bound to lose traffic to property.ca, it is just too close a match.

MapleDots said:
Hmm, interesting, so easily confused with property.ca and even about the same subject matter.

I'm not sure I would have gone in that direction because properly.ca is bound to lose traffic to property.ca, it is just too close a match.

I was shocked to hear that ad. Very poor taste. I can see a re-branding in the horizon like with Kanetix.ca to Rates.ca

aactive said:
In my opinion, munch.ca is better as a snacks-related brand. I think spud.ca is okay for the purpose they are using it. At the end of the day, their performance as a brand and marketing savvy will decide their success. Names like jobs.ca, cars.ca, candy.ca, homes.ca, and 1,000 others don't guarantee success, they just help if everything else is right.

I did pick up munchie.ca

Plomberie.ca > redirected to plumbers.ca, two 1-word generics.

Capture-d-cran-2021-10-28-104751.png

Here's a 14 letter 1-word domain i spotted last night.

D8859-FF5-1-CDB-47-E2-A46-A-7-B8398-F59243-1-105-c.jpg

APPRENTISSAGES = LEARNINGS/LESSONS

blood.ca → Canadian Blood Services

Does anyone know who owned this domain prior to it being sold? Archives show a Internic landing page before 2006.

Addictions.ca

They seem to do well and get a ton of traffic from what i can tell. Also interesting to see them using the plural version of this word, which is generally considered unpopular among us domain investors.

Screen-Shot-2022-02-16-at-1-11-30-PM.png

ps: addiction.ca is for sale.

I think in this case I prefer the plural over the singular.

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free for everyone.

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free.

Back