1-word generic .CA's in the wild (6 Viewing)

• Topic Starter Spex
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 68
  • Views: Views 6,937
MapleDots said:
Chow.ca is still available, I know I was negotiating on it once and it was not badly priced.

I believe it’s still owned by Todd. He offered it to me a few years ago for a fair price but I didn’t bite. Great name for a delivery site and also a very common last name. For those that remember the late Jack Layton, that is his widow’s last name.

Funny how when you visit chow.ca it talks about chow.com half way down. Big letters, thought it was a mistake but it's pretty prominent on the page.

I’ve been seeing a lot of ads for properly.ca.

theinvestor said:
I’ve been seeing a lot of ads for properly.ca.

Hmm, interesting, so easily confused with property.ca and even about the same subject matter.

I'm not sure I would have gone in that direction because properly.ca is bound to lose traffic to property.ca, it is just too close a match.

MapleDots said:
Hmm, interesting, so easily confused with property.ca and even about the same subject matter.

I'm not sure I would have gone in that direction because properly.ca is bound to lose traffic to property.ca, it is just too close a match.

I was shocked to hear that ad. Very poor taste. I can see a re-branding in the horizon like with Kanetix.ca to Rates.ca

aactive said:
In my opinion, munch.ca is better as a snacks-related brand. I think spud.ca is okay for the purpose they are using it. At the end of the day, their performance as a brand and marketing savvy will decide their success. Names like jobs.ca, cars.ca, candy.ca, homes.ca, and 1,000 others don't guarantee success, they just help if everything else is right.

I did pick up munchie.ca

Plomberie.ca > redirected to plumbers.ca, two 1-word generics.

Capture-d-cran-2021-10-28-104751.png

Here's a 14 letter 1-word domain i spotted last night.

D8859-FF5-1-CDB-47-E2-A46-A-7-B8398-F59243-1-105-c.jpg

APPRENTISSAGES = LEARNINGS/LESSONS

blood.ca → Canadian Blood Services

Does anyone know who owned this domain prior to it being sold? Archives show a Internic landing page before 2006.

Addictions.ca

They seem to do well and get a ton of traffic from what i can tell. Also interesting to see them using the plural version of this word, which is generally considered unpopular among us domain investors.

Screen-Shot-2022-02-16-at-1-11-30-PM.png

ps: addiction.ca is for sale.

I think in this case I prefer the plural over the singular.

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free for everyone.

Sponsors who contribute to keep dn.ca free.

Back